Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Blog Post 2

So its around 1999, maybe a year or so before, I have a Network Marketing Business which is transitioning to the Web, and John Chow has become a large affiliate for some Tech web organization, and he shows me his web site and how it all works,and I understand...nothing.

It seems so easy and yet so...

He started with video games (as in playing them) some how through a basic site and email gathered a following of like minded gamers and traded back an forth patches on EA Sports Basketball games. The wrote a basic blog on how he had upgraded his computer to I think a CPU speed of close to 750 Mhz!

From there he developed the Techzone and next thing i knew he had no daytime job, everything was Internet. He seemed to be making money on the Internet!

I was getting somewhat bored with The 'Real World " Networking marketing Biz, and would every so often check in with John, who seemed to be making more and more money - and talked about SEO and PPC and buying domain names, and software that caught expired domain names and software that tracked search engines, and I was bewildered.

In 199 the Network marketing company went to the web and it was exciting, but took almost 7 years to make the distributor force transition with it. And I lost a lot of money as everything stalled, and went onto other things.Real business in the real world. Nothing digital.

In 2008 I started to look at options again.

No comments:

Post a Comment